Disability Vehicle Grants and Opportunities

Pennsylvania Workforce Development’s Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR)

Pennsylvania state’s OVR is an essential source for disability grants if in order to find and hold a job you require any special equipment installed in your vehicle. You can locate your branch office at their website, or you can reach the main office at:

1521 North Sixth Street
Harrisburg, PA 17102



Pennsylvania Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (VA)

Disabled US veterans can find all sorts of support and assistance through the VA. State branches are equipped to supply aid and grant money. Contact the Pennsylvania VA if you are a state resident with a disability that resulted from (or was aggravated by) your service in the military or VA-sanctioned treatments or other activities.

Bldg S-0-47, FTIG
Annville, PA 17003
(800) 547-2838




Adam Taliaferro Foundation

This organization gives monetary assistance and other help to student athletes in Pennsylvania (and New Jersey and Delaware) who suffer a debilitating injury while playing in a school-sanctioned sporting competition. Its namesake, Adam Taliaferro of Voorhees, NJ, sustained a spinal cord injury while playing football for Penn State.

P.O. Box 8232
Turnersville, New Jersey 08012
(856) 582-0212




Pennsylvania Aging and Disabilities Resource Centers (ADRCs)

ADRCs are run by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and the US Administration on Community Living. This branch supports senior citizens and disabled residents of Pennsylvania in a variety of ways. They can assist you in acquiring a handicapped-accessible vehicle. Use this link to find contact information for the office serving your county.



Pennsylvania Area Agencies on Aging (PAAA)

Dedicated to advocacy and assistance for the elderly population in Pennsylvania, PAAA can help aging residents find funding to put towards a handicap van. With more than 50 offices around the state, there’s a location convenient to you; go to the PAAA website for contact information.



Pennsylvania Developmental Disabilities Council (PDDC)

PDDC exists as the state’s branch of the National Association of Developmental Disabilities Councils. It serves anyone with a developmental disability as defined by federally established law. The Council is devoted to bettering their quality of life and furthering their abilities for self-determination.

Harrisburg Office:

Room 561 Forum Building
605 South Drive
Harrisburg, PA 17120
(717) 787-6057 or (877) 685-4452

Pittsburgh Office:

8500 Brooktree Rd., Suite 100
Wexford, PA 15090
(724) 933-1655



Pennsylvania Statewide Independent Living Council (SILC)

Pennsylvania’s SILC operates in the interest of all state residents with any type of disability. It endeavors to enhance an independent lifestyle for all persons with disabilities. The SILC can help you find funding sources for your handicap van.

200 Locust St., Suite 200 A
Harrisburg, PA 17101
(717) 364-1732